Creating your own natural homemade hair conditioners is a great way to provide your locks with much-needed nutrients.
Conditioning has now become a part and parcel of washing your hair. Lather, rinse and repeat.
But deep conditioning treatments can be too expensive to get done on a regular basis.
So I’ve put together a list of 7 natural homemade hair conditioners treatments that will help keep your hair healthy, smooth and silky.
Try these natural homemade hair conditioners recipes for your hair and feel the difference.
1. Coconut Oil :
Coconut oil is a fantastic solution for dry, damaged hair.
It soothes the scalp and softens the hair.
It has penetrative properties and fatty acids that help deeply nourish and condition your hair.
Do this 2-3 times a week.
- Heat 3 tbsp coconut oil for a couple of seconds until it is slightly warm.
- Start massaging this oil into your scalp and work it down to the tips of your hair.
- Ensure to focus on the tips as these parts need most conditioning.
- Once your hair and scalp are fully covered, wrap your hair with a hot towel and wait for 45 minutes.
- Proceed to wash your hair with cool water and a mild sulfate-free shampoo. Finish with conditioner.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar :
The acidity of apple cider vinegar helps maintain the pH balance of your hair.
It helps to remove a build-up of dirt, dead skin cells and chemicals without stripping the hair of its natural oils.
Do it once every fortnight.
- Dilute the apple cider vinegar with one cup of water.
- Set this aside and proceed to wash your hair with cool water and a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
- Condition your hair and then pour the apple cider vinegar rinse through your wet hair.
- Massage it into your scalp and ensure that it is evenly spread throughout your hair.
- It is recommended to leave the rinse in your hair, but you can proceed to finish your hair wash with a final cool water rinse.
3. Banana and Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera contains vitamins A, B, C, and E.
These vitamins help remove the dead cells that have accumulated on your scalp and promote hair growth.
It rejuvenates your hair by boosting its elasticity and preventing breakage.
- Scoop out the pulp from the 1 aloe vera leaf.
- Transfer the aloe vera pulp and 2 bananas to a blender.
- Blend the mixture thoroughly, leaving no lumps.
- Shampoo your hair and let it air dry.
- Start applying the mixture with a hair colour brush.
- Get the mixture deep into your roots and coat your entire scalp and all your hair.
- Put your hair up in a loose bun and cover it with a shower cap.
- Let it sit for 2 hours.
- Wash your hair with cold water and shampoo it thoroughly.
4. Coconut Milk and Olive Oil :
Coconut milk contains proteins that deeply nourish both your scalp and hair, hydrating rough and frizzy locks along with alleviating symptoms of dry scalp.
Use this olive oil hair mask once a week.
- Pour 1 cup of coconut milk into a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of raw honey as well.
- Whisk everything up to get a uniform mixture.
- Use a hair dye applicator to apply this deeply hydrating mask on your frizzy hair, covering it entirely from the roots to the tips. You can also massage it into your scalp for nourishment.
- Leave it on for 1 hour.
- You can roll up your hair and put on a shower cap to avoid creating a mess.
- Afterwards, shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
5. Papaya :
Papaya can restore the life of your hair and make it soft and hydrated.
As it is rich in minerals, vitamins and enzymes, papaya acts as a natural conditioner, making your hair softer and smoother.
Use it weekly.
- Blend papaya, banana, yoghurt and coconut oil together into a thick paste.
- Apply it to damp hair.
- Wrap a towel or use a shower cap for half an hour to generate heat in your scalp.
- Rinse with water.
6. Egg and Olive Oil :
Eggs are a rich source of protein, fatty acids and biotin that boost hair growth and also help repair damaged strands.
The mask will replenish your dry and damaged strands.
It also nourishes your scalp and is recommended for those who have a dry or slightly itchy scalp.
You can use this mask twice a week.
- Whisk 1 egg and the olive oil in a bowl until they’re well combined and the mixture is creamy.
- You can add more or fewer amounts of olive oil depending on the length of your hair.
- Shampoo your hair and skip the conditioner.
- While your hair is still a little damp, section it with a wide-toothed comb and start applying the mixture.
- Coat all of your hair with the mixture, concentrating on the tips.
- Put your hair up in a bun and wait with the mask on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the mask out of your hair with shampoo and cold water.
- Let your hair air-dry, or use a blow dryer on the cool setting.
7. Honey :
Honey is an antioxidant so it is able to keep your scalp healthy and prevent infections and dandruff.
Honey can also make hair smooth, and lock in moisture.
If you have dry hair, you can apply this mixture twice a week
If you have oily hair, apply the mask once a week.
- mix the 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Pierce 1 Vitamin E capsule and squeeze the oil into the honey and olive oil mixture.
- Whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and wait for it to air dry.
- Once your hair is completely dry, section it and start applying the mixture to it with your hands or a colour applicator.
- Ensure that you cover all of your hair from the roots to the tips.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Wait with the cap on for 30-90 minutes.
- Wash off with shampoo and follow it up with conditioner.
In this article, I have shared 7 natural homemade hair conditioners recipes.
So if you can take action for starting a beautiful lifestyle, you can surely start reaping the benefits within days.
Please share it with your beloved ones those might find it helpful.
It takes a few seconds to share.
Finally, let me know what do you think about this article on 7 natural homemade hair conditioners by leaving a quick comment below in the comment box.
If you want to write for us, check out our Write for Us section for details.