Last updated on July 7th, 2021 at 03:57 pm
If your hair is looking dull, dry, and frizzy it likely needs a boost of extra hydration.
Banana has many nourishing properties that can repair damaged locks within a matter of days.
It can make your hair super soft and silky.
A mashed banana hair mask will put plenty of moisture back into your stressed tresses.
With tons of antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin B, and other goodness, bananas are great for your hair.
Here are some mashed banana hair mask recipes to pamper your tresses with.
Banana And Honey :
This mashed banana hair mask is great for adding moisture to dry hair and also improves elasticity.
It also reduces split ends and breakage to a great extent.
It is great for strengthening your hair.
- Take 2 ripe bananas and mash them up well with a fork.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey to it and mix well.
- Whip until there are no lumps and a smooth mixture is obtained.
- Apply this mix on slightly damp hair and cover it with a shower cap.
- Wash off after half an hour.
Banana and Olive Oil :
This is a repairing mashed banana hair mask for damaged hair and also helps control frizz.
- Mash one ripe banana using a fork
- Add to it 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix well until no lumps are there.
- Apply all over the hair using a brush.
- Cover with a shower cap and wash with shampoo after 20 minutes.
You can also use coconut oil or argan oil for a nourishing experience.
Banana and Egg :
This mashed banana hair mask provides extra miniaturization for dry hair.
- Take 2 ripe mashed bananas and break open 1 fresh egg into it.
- Add 2 teaspoons of honey and beat up the mixture to a smooth paste.
- Add a few drops of fragrant essential oil like lavender, orange, or lemon to cover up the egg smell (optional).
- Apply on the hair length using a brush.
- Let it stay for 20 minutes and wash with shampoo.
Banana, Honey, and Curd :
This mashed banana hair mask moisturizes the hair while getting it rid of dandruff.
It helps remove split ends as well.
- Take 1 ripe banana and mash it up.
- Add to it 4 tablespoons of fresh, unflavoured curd and 1-2 teaspoon of honey.
- Blend until smooth.
- Apply this mask from the roots to the ends of the hair.
- Let it stay for 25-30 minutes and wash with shampoo.
Banana, Papaya, and Honey :
This protein-rich mashed banana hair mask can help strengthen the hair while giving it shine.
It helps in reducing dandruff and keeps your hair shiny throughout the day.
On the whole, this hair mask acts as a natural conditioner, making your hair softer and shinier with every use.
- Take 1 ripe banana and mash coarsely.
- Add to it 4-5 cubes of ripe papaya and mash into a pulp.
- Now put 2 teaspoons of honey and mix it all well together to form a smoothie. Apply all over the hair and scalp.
- Pile the hair on top of the head and cover it with a cap. Wash with lukewarm water and later shampoo.
Banana And Coconut Milk :
This mask acts as a deep conditioner for hair leaving it soft and smooth.
The nutrients, protein, and vitamins in milk help retain the strength and shine of your hair.
If you crave straight hair, this mask is your go-to.
- Blend 2 ripe bananas with a half cup of fresh coconut milk.
- Add a few drops of honey if you like to this smooth mix.
- Apply this on slightly wet hair massaging the roots gently.
- Let’s stay for half an hour and wash off with a mild shampoo.
Banana And Avocado Mask :
This hair mask is ideal for brittle hair. It contains a high level of proteins that help strengthen hair follicles.
Avocado contains vitamins A, D, E, and B6, amino acids, copper, and iron that improve your hair texture by adding moisture to dry and damaged tresses. This mask also prevents breakage and keeps your hair hydrated.
- Mash ½ ripe avocado and 1 ripe banana together until there are no lumps left.
- Add olive oil to this mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Wash your hair and let it air dry completely.
- Divide your hair into sections and start applying the mask.
- Make sure you coat all your hair from the roots to the tips thoroughly.
- Put on a shower cap and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off the mask with lukewarm water and shampoo your hair.
Banana and Aloe Vera Mask :
Aloe Vera contains vitamins A, B, C, and E.
These vitamins help remove the dead cells that have accumulated on your scalp and promote hair growth.
This mashed banana hair mask prevents hair fall and makes your hair strong, shiny, and bouncy.
It rejuvenates your hair by boosting its elasticity and preventing breakage.
- Scoop out the pulp from the 1 aloe vera leaf.
- Transfer the aloe vera pulp and 2 bananas to a blender.
- Blend the mixture thoroughly, leaving no lumps.
- Shampoo your hair and let it air dry.
- Start applying the mixture with a hair color brush.
- Get the mixture deep into your roots and coat your entire scalp and all your hair.
- Put your hair up in a loose bun and cover it with a shower cap.
- Let it sit for 2 hours.
- Wash your hair with cold water and shampoo it thoroughly.
In this article, I have shared step to step few mashed banana hair mask recipes at home.
It has a solid nutritional profile as well.
So if you can take action for starting a beautiful lifestyle, you can surely start reaping the benefits within days.
Please share it with your beloved ones who might find it helpful.
It takes a few seconds to share.
Finally, let me know what do you think about this article on mashed banana hair masks by leaving a quick comment below in the comment box.
If you want to write for us, check out our Write for Us section for details.